The South Los Angeles Transit Empowerment Zone (SLATE-Z) is now a federal Promise Zone!
So today, we’re announcing the third and final round of nine new Promise Zone designations. Congratulations to Nashville, South Los Angeles, Atlanta, Evansville, San Diego, Spokane Tribe of Indians in Washington, Turtle Mountain Band of Chippewa Indians, North Dakota, Southwest Florida, and Puerto Rico’s Ceiba, Fajardo, and Naguado Municipalities. Each of these Promise Zones is prepared to do what it takes to strengthen their communities and lift people’s lives. And we’re going to be your partner every step of the way.
For more information:
- Los Angeles Times – After failed attempt, South L.A. wins Promise Zone designation, which could bring in money
- CBS Los Angeles – South LA Named A Promise Zone By Obama Administration
- Curbed – South LA Finally Getting Advantageous Promise Zone Status
- MyNewsLA -South LA designated ‘Promise Zone’ by Obama administration
- 89.3 KPCC – Obama administration designates South LA as promise zone
- 89.3 KPCC – South LA designated a ‘Promise Zone’, what that means for residents
- LA Wave – South L.A. receives Promise Zone designation
- ABC7 – South LA becomes latest federal ‘Promise Zone,’ could receive millions in grants
- RealEstateRama – Bass applauds South LA Promise Zone Designation
- StreetLABlog – South L.A. Celebrates Slate-Z’s Promise Zone Designation; Prepares to Roll up Sleeves and Get to Work
- Univision – Proyecto busca rescatar el sur de Los Angeles
- USC News – South L.A. named a Promise Zone; goal is improving residents’ lives